The Share-a-Lift Employee Car Share Scheme (the "Scheme") provides a journey sharing information service enabling staff to make contact with each other for the purpose of sharing car, cycling, public transport, taxi or walking journeys.
The service is facilitated through an externally hosted website and database (the "Website"), developed for Staffordshire County Council, Stoke-on-Trent City Council and partner organisations by Jambusters Ltd (collectively "We", "Us", "Our"). The Website is accessed at http://share-a-lift.co.uk.
Your agreement to comply with, and be bound by these Conditions, is deemed to occur upon your first use of the Website.
- 1. Responsibilities of Scheme Members
- 2. Data Collected
- 3. Use of Your Personal Data
- 4. Accessing & Amending Your Own Data
- 5. Personal Security
- 6. Leaving the Scheme
- 7. Disclaimers
- 8. Limitation of Liability
- 9. Law and Jurisdiction
- 10. Comments and Enquiries
1. Responsibilities of Scheme Members top
- 1.1 Under this Agreement, Drivers shall:
- 1.1.1 hold a full, valid United Kingdom driving licence;
- 1.1.2 hold a valid certificate of insurance for the vehicle concerned and inform their insurance company, and/or any other individual(s) or corporate body/bodies which may have an interest in the vehicle in question, of their participation in the Scheme; and
- 1.1.3 hold a valid MOT certificate for the vehicle concerned, where necessary; and
- 1.1.4 Produce the documentation referred to in 1.1.1, 1.1.2 and 1.1.3 to Passengers on request.
- 1.2 Under this Agreement, Passengers shall:
- 1.2.1 refrain from smoking whilst in the vehicle concerned, unless by agreement with the Driver;
- 1.2.2 refrain from distracting or otherwise behaving in a way which compromises the Driver's general concentration; and
- 1.2.3 make a contribution towards fuel costs at a rate and time agreed between you (unless you agree to share costs by taking turns driving).
- 1.3 Under this Agreement, all Scheme members shall:
- 1.3.1 agree a mutually convenient collection point and collection time;
- 1.3.2 arrive at the collection point at the agreed collection time;
- 1.3.3 inform the Driver or Passenger(s) as the case may be of any delay, providing as much notice as is reasonably possible in all the circumstances;
- 1.3.4 refrain from telephoning other Scheme members during unsociable hours.
2. Data Collected top
Your privacy on the Internet is of the utmost importance to Us. Because this website gathers certain types of information about you, We feel you should fully understand the conditions of how We may collect, disclose and use that information.
We may collect and disclose data in accordance with this Agreement and by virtue of your membership of the Scheme you expressly consent to any use or disclosure of your personal identification and other personal information, in accordance with this Agreement.
The following Data relating to you may be collected when registering on the Website:
- 2.1 name;
- 2.2 gender;
- 2.3 work or personal e-mail address;
- 2.4 supervisor / contact name (for staff without a work or personal e-mail address);
- 2.5 work or personal telephone number;
- 2.6 department;
- 2.7 company / organisation name (if you work for an external organisation);
- 2.8 regular place of work;
- 2.9 vehicle registration(s) - up to four;
- 2.10 post code (home post code or any other location from which you wish to car share);
- 2.11 information relating to your travel habits and preferences;
3. Use of Your Personal Data top
- 3.1 Staffordshire County Councilís Sustainable Travel Unit and Stoke-on-Trent City Council's Sustainable Travel Team are responsible for the overall management of the Website, together with local Share-a-Lift Administrators at partner organisations.
- 3.2 Any personal Data you provide will be securely stored on the Website for as long as you remain a member of the Scheme, in accordance with the principles of the General Data Protection Regulation.
- 3.3 Unless We are required by law to do so, and subject to paragraph 3.5, personally identifiable Data will not be disclosed to third parties.
- 3.4 Any or all of the Data listed in section 2 may be required by your local Share-a-Lift Administrators for the following reasons:
- 3.4.1 assisting individuals in finding suitable journey sharing opportunities or choosing alternative modes of transport;
- 3.4.2 targeted sustainable travel promotions;
- 3.4.3 management of car parking and parking permits;
- 3.4.4 anonymous statistical analysis;
- 3.5 Scheme members will be required to give prior written consent before any personally identifiable data is disclosed to a third party, outside of the Scheme, unless required for disclosure by law.
4. Accessing & Amending Your Own Data top
- 4.1 You may access your personal Account at any time, from any internet-connected computer, by visiting http://share-a-lift.co.uk and entering your username and password. It is your responsibility to ensure your Data is correct and up-to-date.
- 4.2 You may instantly amend your Data through your personal Account.
- 4.3 You have the right to ask for a copy of all personal Data held in respect of your membership of the Car Share Scheme. Contact your local Share-a-Lift Administrator.
5. Personal Security top
- 5.1 Under this Agreement, personal security is the responsibility of each Scheme member and you are under no obligation to get into a vehicle with, or offer a lift to, other Scheme members. You do so at your own risk and assessment of that risk. See also Safety Tips.
- PLEASE NOTE:
- We do not vet individuals prior to them becoming Scheme members and membership of the Scheme does not imply any reference on Our part of the member's character or mental state, past or present. Similarly We make no request from applicants regarding any criminal record they may have.
- You must notify your manager of any unfavourable incidents experienced with other Scheme members, providing as much detail as possible including their name and contact details.
- When searching for a journey sharing opportunity, Scheme members are responsible for providing their full name and contact details to other members with whom they make contact. Search results do not reveal any names or contact details, with potential travel companions merely referred to by their gender, travel preferences (shown in the search results table) and approximate post code location (shown on search results map).
6. Leaving the Scheme top
- 6.1 You may terminate your membership at anytime by clicking on 'resign' from your homepage.
- 6.2 We can at anytime suspend or cancel your use of the Service if We feel that you have misused the Service or are in any way in breach of these terms and conditions. Our decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
7. Disclaimers top
- 7.1 We do not accept responsibility or liability for the actions of Scheme members or for disputes between them. We cannot accept responsibility for physical injury, emotional distress, mental suffering or psychological injury resulting from employees car sharing. Personal security is the responsibility of each individual Scheme member.
- 7.2 No warranty is given whatsoever as to the roadworthiness or otherwise of any vehicles.
- 7.3 No warranty is given as to the validity or otherwise of Scheme members' motor insurance policies
- 7.4 The information contained on the Website is not comprehensive and despite every effort, it may not be accurate, up-to-date or applicable to the circumstances of any particular case. We cannot accept any liability for any inaccuracies or omissions on the Website, and any decisions you make based on information contained on the Website are your sole responsibility.
- 7.5 It is the responsibility of Scheme members to ensure that their personal details held on the Website remain up-to-date and accurate.
- 7.6 No part of the Website is intended to constitute advice and the Content of the Website should not be relied upon when making any decisions or taking any action of any kind, including participating in the Scheme.
- 7.7 We cannot guarantee that Scheme members will find a compatible Driver or Passenger
- 7.8 We cannot guarantee the accuracy or validity of any information provided by other members of the Scheme and it is the responsibility of each Scheme member to take all reasonable safety and security precautions whilst participating in the Scheme.
8. Limitation of Liability top
- 8.1 To the maximum extent permitted by law, We exclude liability for any direct or indirect loss, injury (physical or psychological) or damage, foreseeable or otherwise, including any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of the Website or from participation in the Scheme.
- 8.2 We shall not be held responsible for the truth, accuracy or content of any material posted through the site or of any external sites to which it may include links. We do not guarantee the availability, existence, suitability or sufficiency of participants, vehicles, routes or insurance arrangements.
- 8.3 According to the extent permitted by law, you release Us, Our employees and contractors, from all liability arising out of, or in connection with, the Scheme and its Website.
9. Law and Jurisdiction top
- 9.1 This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Law of England and Wales and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
- 9.2 Your use of the Website and downloads from it, and the operation of these Conditions, shall be governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. The Courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising out of your use of the Website.
- 9.3 In the event that any or any part of the conditions contained in this document shall be determined by any competent authority to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, such condition shall to that extent be severed from the remaining conditions which shall continue to be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.